Jyoti Amge (born December 16, 1993), a resident of Nagpur, India, is the world’s shortest woman living according to the Limca Book of Records and Guinness Book of Records.Worlds shortest woman-jyoti amge became the record holder on her 18th birthday.
As of December 16, 2011, on her 18th birthday, she has been officially declared the world’s smallest woman by Guinness Book of Records with a height of 58.42 cm (23 inches). Her restricted height is due to a growth anomaly called achondroplasia.
Jyoti’s parents fear for her future. Growth problems have left her bones so brittle they are in danger of breaking in a simple fall. She is likely to need care for the rest of her life and older sister Archana, 26, admits she is likely to have to care for Jyoti as her parents get older.
Due to her size, Jyoti has to have clothes and jewellery made for her. She sleeps in a tiny bed and uses special plates and cutlery to eat, as normal-sized utensils are too big.
Some essential facts about the new Guinness World Records record-breaker from India.
1. Born on 16 December, 1993, in Nagpur Jyoti measures 61.95 cm (2 ft) tall, making her shorter than the average two-year-old child.
2. She weighs just 11lb (5 kg).
3. Jyoti is 6.2 cm shorter than the former world’s Shortest woman, 22-year old American Bridgette Jordan who stands at 69cm (2 ft 3 in).
4. Jyoti has attended regular school since she was 4 and, other than a small desk and chair, she is treated like any other pupil.
5.Just like most other teenage girls, Jyoti loves fashion, make-up and talking on the phone.
6. Her dream of becoming a Bollywood actress is set to come true next year as she is due to star in two movies in 2012.
7.She is set to release an album with her favorite Bhangra/rap star Mika Singh next year.
8. Despite her tiny stature, Jyoti Amge is not the Shortest woman in history. This title continues to be held by Pauline Musters (Netherlands, 1876-1895) who measured just 61cm (24in).